Saturday, June 25, 2011

Indescribable Peace

It’s the first day waking up in the Philippines.  From the moment I opened my eyes on my so comfortable bed (so excited and shocked about my foam mattress), I have never felt at such peace in my heart about life.  There is absolutely nothing running through my mind except thoughts of praise and worship to God.  Complete relaxation.  Total peace.  No worries.  No cares of what ought to be accomplished today.  This is how I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be.  Jesus is Lord in my life.  He has truly directed every tiny step I have taken.  I have never seen Him work so obviously in the tiny details of my life before as in this last week.  Why should I even have a shed of worry.  So excited and completely content about my new home.   Simple way of life.  Ah, rest. True, ultimate rest – in the environment and I have finally completely reached it with Him.  America is so different.  I haven’t even stepped outside yet and this place gives me complete total peace.  There is no striving here for me and for the people there is no “American Dream.”  You can’t work hard to get rich to buy material possessions.  My job here – to draw near to God and share that peace and ultimate gift of love and freedom.
It was over 24hrs worth of traveling.  We had multiple plane delays.  Our ride that was going to pick us up from the airport fell though.  The taxi drivers could barely speak any English and there were about 8 cab drivers that were all chattering at us, pulling at our luggage, wanting us to take their cab.  Of course we got overcharged for the ride.  Once we got to the apartment at 2am in Tagum we found we were locked out.  Throughout all of this my mind was telling me that I should be alarmed and concerned but my heart was saying we were going to make it just fine.  I had such a great sense of peace through it all. 

I have always been looking for a place of comfort and rest.  Whether I might find it from a place, person, or situation, I’ve always been seeking and craving that state; of a moment when I could truly exhale.  I’ve have never felt it more than now.  In a third world nation.  In Your presence, stronger than ever.  In Him.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me besides quiet waters, He refreshes my soul.  He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

Psalm 23:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment