Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Gold Platter

The most distracting thing, the thing that gets you off coarse of the ultimate best life God has for you… is something really good.  Are you reaching out so strongly, have a desire that you long to be filled so badly that you are ok with taking second best.  So often we take what is on the silver platter that is right in front of us, because in our uncertainty we don’t have the hope that the gold platter will ever come.  Push the “good” aside and patiently wait for the ultimate best.  Have faith that He has our best interests in mind, at all times.  Eagerly await and expect the gold platter to be right around the next turn you take.  He will honor this!  Allow Him to bless you beyond your dreams you have.  You dream too small. 

He wants to bring us back to Eden.  He wants to revive our hearts, He wants us to walk in unbroken fellowship with Himself.  Eden means pleasure.  It is ultimate pleasure to walk with our creator and be restored to Him.  The pinnacle of all human pleasure is knowing God, walking in relationship and communion with Him.  God created us for love, for fellowship with Himself.  This one thing.  This is what makes life worth living.  That we would dwell in His temple, gaze upon His beauty for all eternity.  We have no reason for the rest of our lives to wake up discouraged!  We are eternal beings.  He created us in His image, to live forever.  Wake up daily and let Him clothe you with the perspective of heaven and throw off the perspective of society.  Have you adopted an eternal mindset?  Stop focusing on your weakness but focus on His strength.  Stop focusing on only the things you can see and touch.  He has radical dreams for you.  Stop waiting for an “arrival” point.  You are ready.  There will never be a more opportune time than right now.  Search and you will find.  The secret for true contentment.  Become untouchable to the world. 

Call to me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.
Jeremiah 33:3


One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Accept Gods offer of His ultimate love.  To the extravagant degree you receive His love, the greater and more extravagantly you love Him back.  The more you gain the true perspective, the more your world will begin to shift:  From 'me, I, myself', to your heart adopting Gods heart and it breaking for those around you. 

My life is transformed.  I pray daily that I have the endurance and faith to continue to walk it out.  It is easy to say one thing, have a certain belief but then your actions do not show it.  I pray that I continually have discernment of my actions and that they directly portray what I believe.  Make my life an illustration of Your love Jesus of Your heart.  Knowing what to do and doing it are two different things.  I pray for those everywhere who follow Jesus, to truly live what we believe and may the life we live be a testimony.  Put our faith into action so that when the world looks at “Christians” they know this by what they see and not merely by what is said.  

I was able to go home for one of my best friends weddings a few weeks ago.  I knew I had changed but didn’t realize the degree of my sensitivity until I stepped into the airport in Kona.  I began looking around at all the people.  I saw so many long, bummed out faces, people rushing, being rude, and swearing.  Oh yea, I remembered, this is how much of the world is.  I have been in a community for a solid two months that is uplifting, encouraging, that the main foundation is love, Gods love.  If there is any negativity on campus it is smashed so fast by another person coming in and speaking life into that area for their friend.  I have been in my own little bubble and now I was being released into the reality of how the world works again.  But it made me excited.  I was even more stoked and felt urgency of just sharing my joy and love.  Not even necessarily telling anyone about the Lord but just loving people. 

I went to church that Sunday.  Once the music began playing I realized how much I had missed worship as on campus we do it daily, so it had been about 4 days since I have got my dose in.  Immediately Gods presence filled the room and my heart.  Eyes closed, arms open, mouth wide soaking in His presence, ministering to Him.  At one point my eyes opened and I noticed almost all those around me, stiff as a board, many mouths not even opening.  There is joy and freedom in Jesus!  Church is not church unless you encounter God there.

Church is not a building or a structure.  The people are the church.  Church is what automatically happens when you are living a life for Jesus – meeting with others, singing songs of praise, going through the bible together to unlock truths, and just loving on one another.  Church was never meant to be something you “attend” or a meeting that you go to and sit and listen.  Church was intended to be a place (a home) where Jesus’ followers came to fellowship, have transparent conversation, break bread, love God and just do life together. 

You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16:11

I can honestly say that I receive the greatest joy out of life when I bring others joy because He has filled me up to an overflowing measure with His love and presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment