Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Philippines!

I am so privileged to be going on an outreach to the Philippines at the end of June with some of my classmates.  Where we are going, the Filipino people live on less than a dollar a day.  I can not even fathom this, yet the spirit of the people is of such joy!  Sometimes, myself included, forget how blessed we are to live in the United States.  We can basically get any physical item we want if we work for awhile, when there are so many people around the world just struggling for food.  It is difficult to put this into perspective but once I personally do, my heart aches and I get urgent feelings to take action. 

It is my hopes that through my love for Jesus, my testimony of His love for me, and knowledge of the medical field, radical transformation would occur on this three month outreach to the Philippines.  I have never been more excited to live life than at this moment; and I know that this trip to the Philippines is just the beginning of the adventure that God has in store for me.  I am ready and willing to lay my life plans down of what I "thought" I wanted for something so much larger than myself.  At times I’m scared and nervous of what kind of crazy radical life might be in store for me, but I say bring it on!   I know He is the ultimate provider.  Only He has the whole perspective and He has the perfect plan for our lives.  All we have to do is walk in it.  And even better yet He loves us so much and has our best interests in mind.  He knows the desires of our heart.  He wants to fulfill those desires.

What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?  Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matthew 16:26

No comments:

Post a Comment