Tuesday, April 19, 2011

University of the Nations

I may be in Kona, Hawaii but this truly is a University of the Nations.  There are 46 nations represented on campus with different cultures and backgrounds.  It is almost as if the world has come to Kona.  I have 4 roommates, three so cute girls from South Korea and one amazing girl from South Africa.  The particular school I am apart of is Call to All. 

From the moment I stepped off the plane in Kona such a sense of peace came over me.  I can not even begin to think of words to explain the environment of the campus.  Everyone is here ultimately for the same purpose: to get a deeper sense of who God is and to truly know Him and seek Him with all our hearts.  Out of every place I have ever been, honestly this place feels the most like home.  Already I have made such deep friendships, everything unveiled, sharing the deepest parts of our hearts.  This is true community, how it was meant to be lived - Completely loving on one another, encouraging each other, being respectful, patient, embracing differences and bearing each other burdens. 

Our Call to All class is growing to be more like family than just classmates and this is only the beginning.  We have had beach days and we play all kinds of games (which I thought was so childish at first), but it seriously is the most pure fun I’ve had in so long!  There are all ages on campus as well and many families.  It is a spotless, raw, authentic community.  Such a blessing.

The sunsets are absolutely stunning every day and geckos are becoming my favorite animal.  We have our meals at the cafeteria which is outside and the food is actually so good.  

I am so excited for tomorrow as it will be our first guest speaker.  God is always at work in everyone’s lives, but it is when you take time to stop and recognize it, that is when you will be blown away.

Prov 4:18
But the path of the just is like the shining sun.  That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.


At the end of each day I am in such awe of how amazing it was.  I think it can not get any better but somehow it always does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment