Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Father Heart of God

We have had some incredible speakers so far.  Speakers that truly brought the truth of God and didn’t hold back.  This week was special because it was sooo refreshing.  Our speaker was Brian Brennt.  He is an awesome, anointed man that totally emits God with every breath he takes but he is the most funny, humorous, chill guy!  This week he showed us that Christianity isn’t uptight at all!  It is not about rules, regulations and what you can’t do.  It’s about knowing the true heart of God and His character.  It’s not about being an avid prayer warrior or how many times you have read the bible, it’s about relationship!  He longs to have relationship with you!  He longs to know you personally and for you to desire the same from Him!  In fact God cries out for this!

Almost my entire life I was searching for fulfillment, a constant search; going from activity to activity, purchase to purchase, in different types of relationships and many other meaningless pursuits, and always came out empty.  My true significance for my life came when I had revelation of Gods love for me; and how perfect and boundless His love is. 

God is love.  That is the message of the bible in one word.  Love.

Ephesians 3:16-19
I pray that out of his glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

His love is so unfailing, inexhaustible, completely dependable, never falls short, that our human minds can not even fathom the idea.  There is nothing that we have ever done or could do that would lessen His love for us, His love is unconditional, the highest form of love.  No relationship we have ever had on earth can compare.  Beyond knowledge.    Reading this verse in faith you can’t help but feel an overwhelming sense of joy!  The creator of the universe loves you, personally, uniquely, and knows every hair on your head.  He created you, as a one and only, planned your birth from the beginning of time, the exact moment in history of when you should walk on the earth.  Our tiny mortal selves can’t wrap our minds around it!  Humans use what, 10% of our brains?  We don’t even know what we don’t know and yet we are so confident about what we think we know!

Jeremiah 31:3
The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.

Throughout my entire life I felt the draw of His love.  When I was a tiny girl I knew in my heart that there had to be more significance to life than just what we can see with our physical eyes.  Today I recognize that He was wooing me, alluring me towards Him since I was a child.  Gently drawing me to Him, waiting for me to choose Him.  I just never knew how to step into it or what to do.  It took hardships and heartache for me to get to a point in my life where I fully surrendered and said I can’t do this myself.  Now that I truly understand the Father heart of God and His love for me, there is nothing that can happen in this life that will set me back.  I can rest in the truth of His love for me.  His love is forever and forever is an awfully long time. 

Romans 8:38-39
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment